Estimated lifespan of MACO Hair Systems
May 05, 2022
A frequent question about our hair systems is how long they will last until they are replaced with new ones. However, there are many factors that affect the lifespan of a hair system, such as base material, product quality, proper care, maintenance materials, and proper placement.
MACO Hair System Categories and their life spans
Membrane hair systems vary greatly in thickness and therefore their lifespan also varies. The big advantage is that these Hair Systems give a very natural front hairline to those who choose them, but they are less durable and don't last long. To be able to increase the lifespan of these Hair Systems, we will have to increase the thickness of the film and this affects the naturalness. There are 4 different models in the Membrane Hair Systems:
- Super Classic 0.02: Ultra-thin membrane with a thickness of 0.02 millimeters. The thinnest of all membranes. It gives a very natural look. Suitable for those who care about the perfect front line and do not emphasize longevity. Estimated shelf life 2-4 months. Check out the product!
- Classic 0.03: Ultra thin 0.03mm thick film. This ultra thin foundation gives a very natural look. Suitable for those who are interested in a very natural front line but place little emphasis on longevity. Estimated lifespan 3-5 months.
- Classic 0.06: Very thin membrane with a thickness of 0.06 millimeters. This fairly thin base gives a fairly natural look. Suitable for those who are interested in a fairly natural front line and emphasize longevity. Estimated lifespan 4-6 months.
- Classic 0.08: Thin membrane 0.08 mm thick. This thin base gives a satisfyingly natural look. Suitable for those who are interested in a moderately natural front line and place a high emphasis on longevity. Estimated lifespan 4-6 months.
The above estimated times can be increased by 30%-50% if you purchase two or more Hair Systems, which you will alternate between each Maintenance. For more information on this method, ask a MACO specialist.
Why can't we specify the actual life time and only report the estimated one?
The lifespan of Hair Systems can only be approximated as how the customer maintains and cares for the Hair System plays a very important role. In the beginning, lack of experience can greatly reduce the lifespan of Hair Systems. When a client uses a Hair System for the first time, it will take time to learn how to style, comb, wash as well as which moisturizing and care products to use.
At MACO we try from the first day to give all the Hair Systems care advice to our customers so that they don't make mistakes that will cost them. From us you will receive a guide to proper maintenance and care of the Hair Systems at home, all the care products that are necessary and for any question you can contact us and we will advise you on any problem you face. Also, at MACO you have the possibility to maintain the Hair System at our premises 1-2 times/month and we take care of the washing and cleaning of your Systems.
How does frequent Maintenance increase the life of Hair Systems?
Maintenance of Hair Systems should be done every 10-20 days . These times should be strictly followed. The adhesives used to stick the base to the skin, after the end of 20 days, start to melt and end up in the hair of the System. If you allow this to happen often, you will need to use glue solvents not only on the base (which is normal) but also on the hair (which is dangerous). Glue solvent is a harsh product and should not be used to clean glue residue from System hair, as it will destroy it faster. If maintenance is done consistently and without exceeding 20 days, then the hair system will last longer. Also, if you don't thoroughly clean the hair system and leave residues of glue or various styling products on it, the hair will break and your System will start to pluck quickly.
How does lifestyle affect the lifespan of Hair Systems?
Lifestyle has a big impact on the lifespan of hair systems. If you do a lot of sports , go to the sea or pools too often, then your system will be damaged more quickly. Of course, this does not mean that you have to change your lifestyle, but in these cases you should definitely know how to take care of the Hair System even more intensively. Don't worry , all these tips will be given to you by MACO 's specialized staff.
How will you protect the Hair System from rapid replacement?
- Do not comb the hair too often and strongly
- When sleeping, use a satin pillowcase.
- Do not wash them with any commercial shampoo .
- Use shampoos that do not contain sulfates (You will find them in our Online Shop )
- Don't wash them too often
- Always wear hair sunscreen
- In the sea, avoid strong sun (wear a hat)
- Do not apply gels, lacquer pomades and commercial candles.
- Use the hair dryer only on cold or warm.
- Use conditioner every time you wash and comb the Hair System
- Avoid all skin care products that contain alcohol (alcohol)
Why Hair Systems Pluck and How To Delay This?
Plucking is the main sign that the Hair System is starting to break down. This happens as the hair loosens from the base and slips from the membrane.
How do you avoid the problem?
To be able to increase the lifespan of the Hair System you should avoid plucking and this is achieved in the following ways:
First , we choose good suppliers of Hair Systems . Don't buy cheap hair systems online. They may look similar, but they are not of the same quality. It is important to choose a reliable hair systems buyer who will not give you products that have been in stock for a year or two. In these systems the membrane and the hair have started to harden due to the oxidation of the atmosphere and their life time is extremely short .
At MACO all Hair Systems are made from high quality hair right before being worn by our customers. Thus plucking occurs much later and the shelf life is greatly increased.
Secondly , we protect the hair with moisturizing and sun protection products so that the color does not lighten. All natural hair loses its color at some point and needs to be dyed. However, the later this happens the longer the lifespan of the Hair System. The dyes used to restore the color of the Hair Systems harden the hairs and wear down the membrane causing the hair system to begin to pluck very quickly. You have to keep in mind that there are many companies that, in order to serve you directly, choose to dye the Hair System before application. This is a big mistake and although you won't realize it at first, very soon this Hair System will begin to pluck.
At MACO we do not give our clients colored hair systems. All hair systems are made to our clients hair color.
For any question you have about MACO Hair Systems, contact us and our specialized staff will answer any question you may have.